Premature ejaculation may lead to awkward situations between you and your partner. This article will focus on both natural and medical treatments.
First, let’s describe what exactly early ejaculation is. This phenomenon occurs when a man orgasms before or instantly when engaging in sexual intercourse.
According to research, one out of 5 men have experienced an early climax. However, the repeated experience is then termed a medical disorder.
One may ask what causes this type of occurrence? Well, there are several explanations. One of them is the pressure of being the best during the “deed,” or one may have suffered an experience while growing up, depression, or troubles within the relationship.
When it comes to the science part of the cause, it can be as a result of irregular hormone levels, inflammation of the prostate, or the urethra.
The obvious being the man ejaculates in less than a minute during intercourse with little incitement and no restraint.
Also, watch out for less desire to have sex and regular frustration and guilt.
It is always best to consult with your doctor before undertaking any form of treatment.
With that out of the way, there two options one may want to choose from, and that is natural or medical premature ejaculation treatments.
Many natural treatments are used in curbing early orgasms.
- Dietary Habits;
In studies supervised, consuming food rich in zinc and magnesium has greatly reduced early climax. Those include seafood; oysters, garlic, peas, dark chocolate, nuts (almonds), and leafy greens.
Also, it’s encouraged to stay clear of alcohol, carbonated drinks, and smoking.
- Regular pelvic floor muscle exercise (Kegel exercise);
These exercises help in strengthening and tightening the pelvic muscles that boost blood flow to the groin area and are involved during intimacy. Examples: knee fallout, supine foot raises, sitting and standing pelvic floor activation.
- Start-stop technique:
This method involves stopping when having sex once you feel the urge to finish. This delays the process and helps last longer. This only works if both parties are patient.
This might rub many the wrong way, but yes, masturbation is a natural treatment. Engaging in this activity not only treats the condition but also you get to know your weak points. Before copulation, masturbate to get the premature climax out of the way.
- Ayurvedic treatment:
These are herbal treatments. For example, drinking milk and nutmeg is considered a true remedy in curing the condition. As well as eating dry dates with ghee.
- Your physician may prescribe topical aesthetics cream or spray, which are numbing agents. Examples include products with lidocaine, benzocaine, and prilocaine.
- Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors are also used to treat erectile dysfunction most commonly known example is viagra. To get assured results, they are best combined with Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.
- Also, antidepressants can be prescribed for the condition. This is because they are Selective serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors(SSRIs), and they aid in the delay of ejaculation. However, these medications do come with their side effects.
- Counseling is the primary option as a premature ejaculation treatment. If it’s a matter that is more mental than physical, talking about it may help in solving the underlying causes.
With all the cards on the table, what plausible treatment do you think will work for you? Whatever solution you choose, as mentioned above, always consult with a professional before making a decision.